Situated right on the Chicago River, 900 N. Kingsbury is a concrete re-use of the historic Montgomery Ward warehouse that was built in 1934. At the time of its completion it became not only the tallest building in Chicago, but also the largest re-enforced concrete building in the world. Today, it houses a number of residential units. It was listed as a National Historic Landmark in 1976.
Summary of Work
Due to the gigantic size of the building, Dougal Building Maintenance had to meticulously install over 100 swing stage scaffolds to access the site. Services performed included critical façade examinations, concrete restoration, flashing systems replacement, sealant replacement, and application of elastomeric roof coating.