The Peoples Gas Building is a 21-story office building which was built from 1910 to 1911 and was designed by D.H. Burnham & Company. Its standard three-piece skyscraper formation features lots of classical embellishments like ornamental lions along the balustrade at the top. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984, and is also a contributing property for Chicago’s Michigan Boulevard Historic District. Once one of the biggest kids on the block, it retained its stature even though the city of Chicago has grown up around it.
Summary of Work
Project scope centered on restoring 100-plus-year-old windows to their original splendor. In addition to window restoration, Dougal Building Maintenance performed critical façade examinations, concrete restoration, terracotta masonry repair, flashing systems replacement, structural steel repairs, sealant replacement, tuckpointing, roof repairs, painting, and engineered a scaffolding system to access the high parapet walls and roof of the building.